How to backup Gmail emails with attachments has this thought caused you sleepless nights? Then we are here to help you. In this blog, you will find methods to backup Gmail emails manually.
Let’s start with Gmail.
You have been a Gmail user as it is a free email service developed by Google. You get to access Gmail on the web and use third-party programs that synchronize email content through POP or IMAP protocols.
Whether you are working for an educational institution or a financial organization, the vulnerable Gmail data can be problematic. The security of the Gmail account can be quite a risk due to online threats. Loss of data can be immediate results of Gmail hacking.
Backup of Gmail Account with the Attachments
Backup of Gmail Account with the attachments, on a regular basis, can at least provide you some relief from data thefts. For this reason, users often want to create a backup of Gmail email account data. So, now you must be thinking about how to backup Gmail emails with attachments?
Let us see how to backup Gmail files manually.
Manual Method to Recreate Gmail Data
Google comes with an inbuilt feature called Google Takeout, which can be used as a manual resource for backup.
1. Google Takeout
You can take the help of the Google Takeout feature, which allows you to archive the Gmail content to the system location.
- Go to your Google account and add the Gmail account if not already signed in.
- On the current page, click Data & personalization option on the left panel. The description page will get reopen on the right pane.
- Here, beneath Download, delete, or make a plan for your data section, click the highlighted arrow in the below image against Download your data option.
- Here, to move only Gmail emails, you need to go with Deselect All option and select the Mail option as highlighted MBOX format. Then choose the Next step at the bottom of the page.
- Now, you can customize the archive format accordingly by selecting the Export type, File type (.zip or .tgz), Archive size (1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 10GB, or 50GB), etc. Tickle Create Archive option.
- The archive process starts and indicates that it can take time up to hours or days.
This method requires a lot of time and patience on your part. But, if you are looking about how to backup Gmail emails with attachments quickly, then read about a quick solution.
2. How to Backup Gmail Emails with Attachments by Using Gmail Backup Tool
We can easily migrate all the mailboxes to different email clients with the help of professional Gmail backup software. The use of a third-party tool is the most convenient way to save Gmail emails with attachments to the desktop. There are several professional tools available in the market that can be used to migrate emails of Gmail account, so why Backup Tool?
Gmail Backup Tool is one of the most trusted Gmail backup software available in the market. It can take the backup of all Gmail mailbox data including all the attachments. Let us see the working of the Gmail Backup Tool.
- The first step is to Download and launch Cigati Gmail Backup Tool and log in with your Gmail credentials.
- Now, you have to select the data, which you want to export: emails, calendars, contacts, and Google Drive.
- Here, you have to select the file format in which you have to save the files and click Next.
- On the current page, select the Folders from the Select Folders tab. If needed, you can pick Date Filter, Naming Convention, and Delete after Download and click on Next.
- Wait until the software export your data.
- After that, Click on Ok, as soon as you see the following message on the screen.
- Tick on Yes to close the application.
Voila! You have created a Backup of Gmail with all attachments intact.
Let me tell you some of its notable features that could help you further:
- Its user interface is simple, especially for users from a non-technical background.
- Supports selected data backup can create it easily by selecting the date range accordingly.
- Able to migrate email to different email clients such as Outlook, Yahoo Mail, Thunderbird, and Gmail itself.
- Multiple File backup options PDF, HTML, EML, EMLX, TXT, MSG, MBOX, etc.
- Stable to work and risk-free method.
This blog is created to solve how to backup Gmail emails with attachments to save data from theft. To backup Gmail emails, you can use the manual method. But, if you want desired and more quick results, then use the Gmail Backup Tool to save Gmail emails with attachments to desktop.