Singapore is one of the handfulsof Asian countries that are currently at the forefront of global economic development. Much of Singapore’s success as an international business hub can be contributed to its free-market policies, the presence of thousands of affluent businesses an immense diversity.
Hence, studying a business course in Singapore can give you the advantage of studying in an international business metropolis. Also, you can find scores of business and employment opportunities after your course completion.
If you are wondering how to select the right Singapore business school in the first place, you have come to the right place. This blog can provide some useful tips that can help you select the top business school in Singapore.
Why is it important to select the right business school for yourself?
Entry into a good business school can provide a life-changing experience and help you get exposed to all important elements of a successful corporate career. The kind of education you receive will also dictate your personal and professional skills for years to come.
Hence, selecting the right business school can help you achieve all your professional aspirations in the business world.
How can you choose the right business school and programme in Singapore?
Now that you have grasped the importance of a good business school, you can get down to exploring different business schools and universities available in Singapore.
An extraordinary beginning stage for any candidate attempting to limit their school list is associating with understudies and graduated class at the schools you are thinking about. Call the confirmations office and request the names of late graduated class in your general vicinity.
Connect with at least one of those people and take them out for an espresso. They can offer within scoop on understudy life and what makes their school exceptional. Nonetheless, do not base your whole impression of a school on a solitary alum’s experience. You will need to address however many understudies and alums as would be prudent because every individual’s experience is unique.
Using your own organization of MBA graduated class is another incredible method to become familiar with your schools. If you’re not piece of a run of the mill MBA calling, you can make an inquiry or two at work and among your loved ones to check whether anybody knows an alum of your objective projects. When you have some contact names, connect with check whether you can pose a couple of inquiries.
Following systems administration best practices like requesting extra contacts and sending cards to say thanks after each gathering is a shrewd method to grow your insight and set up an organization of help for your MBA application measure.
The country has numerous good business schools that have excellent academic standards and international repute. As per QS Regional MBA Rankings for 2014-15, the country is home to 3 of the top 5 business schools in the Asia Pacific region.
The following tips can help you pick the best option for yourself.
- Identify your expectations from a business school: The initiative to join a business programme usually comes from a deep introspection of your career goals and aspirations. Similarly, you need to introspect your expectations from a business school to select the right university for yourself. These can include good mentorship, immense industry exposure or even a happening college life.
- Check if you fit the admission eligibility criteria: Another way of shortlisting colleges is to make a list of the top business schools and checking if you fit their eligibility criteria. Doing a self-assessment even before starting your search can give you a good idea of your candidature. Your self-assessment should include your current work experience, GMAT scores, previous qualifications, and academic experience.
- Compare business schools on the most important parameters: Pursuing a business course in your preferred specialisation from a reputed school can boost your career prospects. Therefore, it is important to rank your shortlisted schools on different parameters like location or accreditations. Here are 7 important parameters you should factor in while rating a business school.
- Global education rankings
- Geographical location
- Course structure and curriculums
- The type and number of specialisations available
- Financial assistance or available scholarships
- Academic infrastructure and facilities
- Placement assistance and career opportunities
Attempt to talk with understudies during lunch or among classes and remember to permit time to stroll around grounds and investigate between planned exercises. Visits show your advantage to schools, yet in addition furnish you with a great deal of individual subtleties that you would then be able to reference in your papers to support your contention that you and the school are an ideal fit.
Once you have shortlisted a school based on the above parameters, you can also speak with the alumni and current students at the school to cement your decision. Check out different business course options in Singapore today to get started.