This article focuses on the ways to export email from Gmail. Before, moving on to the verified approaches, take a look at the scenarios that make the user migrate Gmail emails to Outlook.
Situations that Lead to Migration of Gmail Account Emails to Outlook:
In such scenarios, when a user wants appropriate solutions for migrating emails from Gmail to Microsoft Outlook.
- To combine Gmail data with another account:
In a scenario like this generating a PST file of Google Mail data & setting it up to the Outlook profile would merge the Gmail’s data into a new profile.
- When a company is transferring to Outlook & stopping Google mail services:
The best possible solution is to take a backup of all Gmail data and migrate it into MS Outlook, so there are fewer possibilities of data loss.
Manual Method to Migrate Gmail Emails to Outlook
These configuration steps allow a user to set up Gmail in Outlook 2016.
A) In Gmail
- First, sign in to your Google Mail account & from the gear icon, hit the ‘Settings’ tab.
- Secondly, redirect to the ‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP‘ -> ‘IMAP Access‘ and tap the option ‘Enable IMAP‘.
- Finally, hit the ‘Save Changes‘ button.
B) In Outlook
- First, launch Outlook redirects to the File menu & tap the Add Account option.
- Secondly, an Auto Account Setup pop-up appears, type in your name, Gmail id, valid password & tap Next.
- Thirdly, after completion, tap the Finish button. The Gmail data will be automatically synchronized and the users will be able to access their Gmail inbox items in your Outlook account.
- Now, again redirect to the File menu and pick Open & Export -> Import/Export.
- Then, pick ‘Export to a File‘ then tap Next.
- Next, tap Outlook Data File (*.pst), and then hit Next.
- Opt an account by tapping the name & Gmail address and verify subfolders to ensure that the complete data is exported.
- In the end, pick the destination path to store the PST file.
These methods will help an individual to export email from Gmail reluctantly.
Why Not to Download All Email from Gmail to Outlook Manually
- Technical experience is necessary to perform the procedure.
- The installation of MS Outlook is mandatory.
- The process is tedious and time-consuming.
- There are higher chances of data loss during the process.
- The process needs to be followed stepwise otherwise it can lead to data loss.
An Automated Solution to Setup Gmail in Outlook 2016
Sometimes the above method does not provide satisfactory results due to improper implementation. Therefore, one can try using Gmail Backup Tool without having any prior technical experience. Go through the instructions mentioned below to export email from Gmail without hassle.
Instructions to use the utility:
- First, launch and run the Gmail Backup Tool on your local PC.
- Sign in using your Google Mail credentials.
- Secondly, pick the data you wish to migrate i.e., emails, calendars, contacts, and Google Drive.
- Thirdly, choose the file format in which you wish to store the files and tap Next.
- Now, tap the Folders from the Select Folders tab. If necessary, check the Date Filter, Naming Convention, and Delete after Download option and then hit the Next button.
- Then, wait for the migration process to complete.
- Next, tap Ok on the popup message.
- After, migrate the desired data to an email client, pick the preferred email client from choosing the Email Format tab
- Pick the folders that you wish to transfer. Plus can utilize Date Filter to pick emails under a specific date range and Delete After Download to free up space.
- Now, give out the sign-in details like username and password of the account in which you wish to import the data.
- Then, wait for the software to load the data in your mentioned mail address.
- Finally, hit the Yes button to exit the application.
Summing It Up
Now, an individual must have got a clear idea of solutions about how to export email from Gmail effortlessly. The result totally depends on how an individual implements the process. Nonetheless, the automated solution is always considered the best to perform account to account migration without any conflicts.