We know that Yahoo Mail is the server based email client while Mozilla Thunderbird is a desktop based email service provider. As Yahoo Mail is server based, users have to connect to the server every time they want to access emails. Therefore, in this technical guide, I am going to explain “How to Import Emails and Contacts from Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird” in less effort. But, before moving forward let’s try to know the different reasons behind Yahoo Mail migration.
Why Export Emails and Contacts from Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird?
These are some factors which lead to export emails and contacts from Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird:
- Yahoo Mail does not provide offline access to mailboxes therefore users move from Yahoo Mail to other email clients for offline access to emails.
- Overload database due to large number of emails.
- To backup Yahoo Mail data on local drive.
- Not an easy graphical interface for some users.
Manual Method to Transfer data from Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird
Manual method is nothing but some settings available in the Thunderbird to transfer emails and contacts from Yahoo Mail to Thundirbird.You need to follow these steps to transfer data manually:
- Firstly start the Thunderbird application and provide user name, email id and password and press Continue to log into Thunderbird.
- Now, in the new tab select IMAP server and click on the manual configuration.
- Next in the manual configuration enter the incoming server host name as imap.mail.yahoo.com and port no. 993.
- For outgoing server type host name smtp.mail.yahoo.com and enter port as 465 and click retest.
- Now, if your details are correct you can click on the create account.
- Here, you can check and access your Yahoo mailboxes into Thunderbird.
- You can set up a sent folder properly to view your mails in the Thunderbird.
- Go to the Tools and then Account Settings.
- Next select Copies & Folders and set a place a copy into Sent items on the mail server.
- At the last restart the Thunderbird application.
Now, You can view and read your Yahoo mailboxes into the Thunderbird application. But this manual technique is time consuming and required technical knowledge to transfer emails. Hence, it is advised to use professional tools to migrate emails and contacts.
How to Import Emails and Contacts from Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird Easily
Using third party tools is the best way to migrate Yahoo Mail data to Mozilla Thunderbird. Yahoo Backup Software is one of the best professional tools in the market. This professional utility can import emails and contacts from Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird without any difficulties.
You can use this tool for safe and easy migration of emails. You need to follow these steps to import Yahoo Mail emails and contacts from Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird.
- Download and run the professional tool.
- Open the software and provide login details to log into your Yahoo Mail account.
- Now, select Thunderbird email client from file saving option to migrate your Yahoo Mail data to Thunderbird and hit Next.
- Then in the new tab choose Yahoo mail folders which you want to export.
- Here you can use a date range filter to select specific mailboxes and contacts.
- You can also use the Naming Convention feature as per your requirements.
- Mark delete after download option to remove Yahoo data after migration and hit Next.
- Now in the pop up window provide login credentials of
Thunderbird email client and press login.
- After that your email migration process is started. Here, you have to wait for a while and let the tool export your emails and contacts.
- Then hit OK on the pop up confirmation message and close the application.
Here, you can access your Yahoo Mail emails and contacts in your Thunderbird account without facing any issues. This professional tool has some advanced features which make it a useful tool.
Features of Yahoo Backup Software
These are some amazing features of the professional Yahoo backup software:
- Export mailboxes with all its mail attachments.
- Easily transfer emails from Yahoo Mail to Gmail.
- Ability to migrate data to IMAP, Zimbra, Office 365 and Yahoo Mail itself.
- Have the option to rename resultant backup files.
- Able to migrate emails from Yahoo to Outlook.
- Have date range features to filter mailboxes.
- Can convert all your Yahoo Mail data including emails, contacts, calendar etc.
- Take backup of Yahoo mail on PC and other local drives.
- Capable to save Yahoo Mail emails into different file formats including PDF, EML, MSG, PST, HTML, EMLX etc.
- Support all the versions of both Windows and Mac OS.
In this article, we discussed “How to Import Emails and Contacts from Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird” with the help of manual and third party tool methods. We detailed here all the sets of instruction required for successful email migration. We focused on the key features of the professional tool which play a vital role during email transfer. Also, we briefly discussed some common reasons behind Yahoo mailbox transfer. Thanks for reading this post. I hope you found it useful and engaging.